Reasons for processing information
Purpose and lawful basis for processing
Our purpose for collecting this information is so that we can facilitate the Forest Schools sessions and provide you with an acceptable service.
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your personal data is that it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interest to facilitate Forest School sessions, under article 6(1)(f) of the UK GDPR.
When we collect any information about dietary or access requirements or medical conditions, we also need your consent, under article 9(2)(a), as this type of information is classed as special category data.
We may also ask for your consent, under article 6(1)(a), to take photos during sessions for promotional purposes.
What we need
If you wish to book Forest School sessions, depending on which type of activity you are booking, you will be asked to provide:
- your name and contact details;
- the names and dates of birth of the children attending;
- details of participants’ allergies, medical conditions, disabilities or dietary requirements;
- emergency contact details; and
- payment for the chosen sessions.
We also keep records of session attendance.
If you have consented to participating in photos for promotional purposes, you may be included in photos taken during sessions.
What we do with it
We use this information to:
- contact you about the sessions you have booked;
- plan safe and appropriate sessions based on the age and requirements of the participants;
- quality assure our services; and
- if you consent, contact you about other relevant products.
We may put photos of sessions on our website, social media pages or other promotional media.
Sharing your information and data processors
We share relevant information with the following organisations or use them as data processors:
- schools that the learner attends or will attend;
- our local authorities;
- Bookeo, to collect booking information
- Xero, processing of financial transactions ; and
- Microsoft, for storing and transferring information.
We also may share information with other organisations if there are safeguarding concerns.