ITC Level 3 Autism Outdoors
Autism Outdoors is 4-day training course aimed at developing and designing best practice for working outdoors with children & young people with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC). Whatever kind of space you have available whether it’s a school field, a woodland, a wildlife corner or something more established, this course aims to provide the framework to develop and design inclusive practice for young people with Autism and Neurodiversity.
- Enhance your understanding of how to set up spaces outdoors appropriate for learners with ASC. Spaces that are communication friendly, engage the senses, and help build relationships. Inclusive spaces that are safe, accessible and benefit health and wellbeing.
- Develop knowledge and confidence for those working outdoors with a variety of children and young people with ASC. Including extreme demand avoidant or sensory seeking individuals.
- Provide a recognised qualification in Autistic play and outdoor engagement
The course content is adaptable to all school age children & young people from Early Years to 19yrs.
The course is a Level 3 qualification divided into 4 Training Days with additional portfolio work. Topics will include;
- Autism & Neurodiversity
- Sensory Rich Environments
- Play Rich Environments
- Therapeutic spaces for Extreme Demand Avoidance
Where will the course take place?
The training days are spent outdoors at one of The Outdoors Group forest school sites in Devon. This will give attendees an opportunity to experience and practise designing spaces. The location will be confirmed when dates are released.
Who is the course for?
Suitable for Outdoor Leaders, Forest School workers, Education staff (Teachers, HLTA’s, TA’s) and Play workers developing best practise for working outdoors with ASC.
When will the course take place?
The course is currently being developed and we hope to run the course in Spring 2021. Click the link below to register your interest and be kept up to date.
Register your interest below and we’ll keep you posted with full details and how to enrol