The Outdoors Group are proud to have opened Okehampton’s first Forest School setting in a beautiful semi ancient woodland, just a short walk from the town centre.
We are delighted to offer a range of fun groups and activities for the local community, including our Tree Tots Toddler Groups for parents and little ones, Home Education groups for children aged 6 and up and Holiday Clubs for school age children in the school holidays. We want to get as many children as possible into the woods to play, explore, discover and learn.
View Our Okehampton Activities & Book Online...
Termly parent and toddler groups that incorporate the outdoors, learning, fun and games! Explore a whole new world at Tree Tots Toddler Club.
When schools out, why not start a new adventure? Our holiday clubs are fun, interactive and inclusive. Suitable for children and teenagers.
Home Education Groups
For an alternative take on education, join Exmouth’s only outdoor Home Education Group every Monday during term time at our Exmouth site.
Meet the Okehampton Team
Site Lead for The Forest School at Okehampton & Escot
Forest School Leader
How To Find Us
The Forest School at Okehampton
At the moment, we don’t have a car park – but it is easy to find on-street parking in the residential area along, and off, Moyses Lane.
If you take the orange route onto Moyses Lane
- See map – this is along New Rd, rather than coming from High Street, halfway up the hill there is a gate on the left with an Okehampton Forest School sign outside (this leads to path you’ll walk down)
- Keep driving on road (past gate) and park in the residential area at top of hill
- Then you’ll need to walk back down to the gate. Go through the gate and follow the lane until you reach the camp. (It’s about a 5 min walk up the lane through woods
- Just keep left, following the path, and you’ll arrive in camp. It is buggy-friendly if your buggy is ok on tracks)
If you come from the high street [yellow route]
- find on-street parking in the residential area, then walk down the hill (past big house on left/Prospect Hill turning/sign saying ‘Watch out for Children’)
- Look out for The Okehampton Forest School sign on the right and the gate which takes you down the path to the Forest School (5 min walk along path through woods, see above)