Finance Data and Reporting Officer
Salary details: £21,000 – £28,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
Job term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (flexible working)
Location: Home working / Company offices, Exeter
Organisation: The Outdoors Group Ltd
Closing date: 12 March 2021
We are a forward-thinking company providing outdoor education with a culture of continuous growth and improvement and are looking for a skilled, experienced and dedicated individual to join our Finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who wants to join a successful, established but very much growing business and progress their career.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the company has accurate, up to date and relevant data to inform financial management decisions and improve practices company-wide.
As part of The Outdoors Group, you will benefit from 25 days (including bank holidays) paid leave as well as a further two weeks paid leave for our Christmas shutdown (including three bank holidays).
As a company we invest in continual learning and training for all our staff and run three whole company staff development away days each year.
This post requires a DBS check.
For more information and to discuss the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Manager and the Business Services Manager
To ensure that the company has accurate, up to date and relevant data to inform financial management decisions and improve practices company wide.
Main duties and responsibilities
Manage and maintain data for preparation of monthly and ad hoc financial forecast reports utilising Excel and other software.
Monitor and assist in developing tracking processes for business performance against key indicators and benchmarks this will include the monitoring of budgets.
Maintain regular contact with budget holders in order to have up to date information regards changes to income and expenditure.
Responsible for the updating and development of the company dashboard, monitoring data and information from all teams and utilising and integrating various software platforms.
Support in resolving finance queries and disputes with clients and suppliers.
Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
You are expected to be aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures for The Outdoors Group.
Quarterly VAT Returns
The Outdoors Group believe in supporting and nurturing all employees and you would therefore be expected to participate and engage with our bespoke Company CPD programs to meet the needs of your job role and enable you to grow with the organisation.
Please note that all employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in their job description.
This job description is current at the date shown, but in consultation with you, may be amended by your line manager to reflect or anticipate changes in the job role.
|Skills, Knowledge and Experience|
|· Minimum of two year’s experience working as part of a finance team
· Working knowledge of Xero financial management software
· Confident and comfortable articulating and presenting data and information to senior managers and directors
· Excellent Excel skills including experience using a variety of formulas and reporting tools
· Experience in analysing and presenting data in visual formats
· Experience of using the Microsoft Office suite
|· Experience of working with forecasting software tools eg Futrli
· Experience of working with dashboard software
· Experience of supervising staff
· Project management experience
· Experience in preparing and submitting VAT returns
|· Excellent attention to detail
· Manage well and under pressure and prioritise effectively
· Self-starter comfortable working independently at home when needed
· Commitment to safeguarding and safe practice.
· Able to work successfully as part of a team
· Determination and the highest expectations of work and behaviour
· Commitment to equal opportunities
|· Good sense of humour
· Positive outlook
· Forward thinking
· Enjoys spending time in the outdoors
· Passion for the benefits of outdoor education
|Qualifications & Training|
|· 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent
· Willingness to complete necessary qualifications and training
|· Safeguarding Level 2
· AAT Qualification or equivalent