Assistant Forest School Manager
Salary details: £19,000 pro-rata
Job term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 30 hours per week*
Location: Exmouth Forest School (will also be required to travel between sites)
Organisation: The Outdoors Group Ltd
Closing date: 12 July 2020
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager to join our wonderful forest school team. As our provision expands, we are looking for someone to work primarily at our Exmouth site, initially four days per week, increasing to full time as the role develops. This is a permanent role, assisting the site manager in all aspects of running a forest school.
We are looking for an experienced Forest School practitioner who is passionate about what they do, works well as part of a team and can support the work of the Forest Schools Manager to continue to deliver and develop our outstanding service to all our forest school visitors.
*Please note that you will be expected to work four days per week, including one weekend day (Saturday or Sunday). The weekdays are Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays to meet our delivery timetable.
This post requires a DBS check.
For more information and to discuss the role please email email@example.com
Forest Schools Manager
As Assistant Forest School Manager you will support the Forest School Manager in the day to day management of the Forest School, including administrative tasks, staff management and parent/carer liaison.
You will oversee and deliver high quality and innovative provision ensuring that the principles of forest school, child led experiential learning are met to an outstanding level for all service users.
Main duties and responsibilities
To assist with the daily running of the Forest School:
- Completion of daily tasks to keep the site tidy and in good order
- To run/support the delivery of Forest School sessions (the following list may be amended/added to as the service grows / develops, responding to the needs of our service users):
– Birthday Parties (these are offered 40 weeks of the year on weekends)
– Holiday Clubs during school holidays
– Home Education Groups (without parents)
– Toddler / Rising 5 Groups (including parents)
It is expected that you will arrive in good time set up for sessions and allow time afterwards for clear down.
- To plan and deliver a programme of activities and ideas for children based on the Forest School ethos that are both challenging and stimulating.
- To oversee/conduct parent and other visitors to the Forest School.
- Budget management for daily running costs and site maintenance.
Support marketing and promotional activities:
- To regularly monitor and update social media platforms, providing regular and engaging posts, dealing with messages from customers and liaising with the Marketing Manager as required.
- To liaise with the administrative team about the termly timetable and customer bookings, actively working to increase bookings across own area and the company as a whole.
Site maintenance and management:
- To manage the site with reference to HSE, First Aid and Safeguarding Procedures. This will include the completion of regular site surveys, accident & incident reporting and safeguarding reporting.
- Support the regular review of the Company’s risk assessments, updating these as required.
- Site improvements, working to plans agreed by Estates Manager / Forest Schools Manager.
- To take an active role in minimising the impact of our activities on the natural environment / sites.
- Budget management for site maintenance.
You are expected to be aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures for The Outdoors School/Group.
- Work with senior staff to review and update policy and procedure as required.
Staff Management Responsibilities
You will responsible for the implementation of the daily setting routines including managing staff and setting standards.
- To co-ordinate volunteers, completing their inductions and managing their time in the Forest School.
- To co-ordinate cover and suitable staffing for all sessions running at Exmouth.
The Outdoors Group believe in supporting and nurturing all employees and you would therefore be expected to participate and engage with our bespoke Company CPD programs to meet the needs of your job role and enable you to grow with the organisation.
Please note that all employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in their job description.
This job description is current at the date shown, but in consultation with you, may be amended by your line manager to reflect or anticipate changes in the job role.
|Skills, Knowledge and Experience|
|Qualifications & Training|